Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of the day


Captain ILL is always interested in books like The Taoist Secrets of Long Life and Good Health. The Captain isn't sure what that whole "Tao" thingie is, but he's pretty sure that it has something to do with kung fu. Good health and fitness, however, are important for everyone, especially superheroes. Just imagine chasing some scumbag thugs into a dead-end alley, only to find yourself out of breath when you finally corner them. There's nothing more embarrassing for a superhero than being beat up by a bunch of superpowerless thugs, except possibly a paunch in your skintight costume. So keep everyone keep fit! You never know when you might find yourself chasing a bunch of thugs down an alley, but if you just can't find the time to get to the gym, better invest in a slightly baggy costume like Captain ILL's.

4 comments:

David said...

Gosh, I've been hearing on the news that the whole Tao thing is taking a beating in the stock market. How can this be possible??

Anonymous said...

David, even "Riches Within Your Reach" seems to have been negated by what's happening on Wall Street.

Also, David, there's a new John Martyn 4-disc set that was just released with a lot of rarities and previously unreleased stuff on it. Eventually I'll probably get it but as I know you're a Martyn fan I thought I'd mention it. Heck, you probably already know about it though.

I have a brand spankin' new blog on BowlingJoe. It's a bit of a departure for me and I'm interested in knowing what people's thoughts are on the topic. (Not that I'd EVER want to hijack Captain ILL's great work : )

David said...

Thanks Bowling Joe, I hadn't heard about the Martyn set. I saw somewhere there was a DVD of his BBC performances, but I think that may not be compatible with US DVD players. (I do have a DVD of John in his Phil Collins era. It's not awful, but it is fun to count how many beers he downs, and marvel how he can still hold his guitar as he literally sweats pounds of perspiration through the set.)Unfortunately all of my assets are tied up in food and gas, so little in the way of discretionary spending these days.

Captain ILL said...

David, obviously the stock brokers' kung fu is not strong. This is also probably why they spell Tao wrong.