Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of the day


Today's ILL of the day was an easy pick: Product Placement in Hollywood Films. As soon as I saw the picture of Paul Newman with the A&W mug on the cover, I knew I had struck ILL gold. I immediately started salivating, wanting some of that frosty mug taste for myself. I also felt a sense of pride along with my thirst, knowing that Paul Newman also drinks A&W root beer. There's nothing like the satisfaction of knowing that a great actor like Mr. Newman shares your taste in root beer. I wonder if he smokes the same cigarettes as me?

3 comments:

cardboard queen said...

I knew when I unpacked this book eariler today that it had potential to be the Daily ILL.
I don't think Paul smokes, but the link to the Stones site is interesting. I'm not a big Stones fan; but I do wonder if Mick or Keith are root beer fans.
I also wonder if root beer makes a good mixer...if anyone has a drink recipe that incorporates root beer as an ingredient please send it to Joe.

groovelily said...

I appreciate the pic of the book. If anyone should know how helpful pictures are, it should be the captain.

I enjoyed the Stones link. And how the H#ll do you remember all these lyrics? I must have heard that song a jillion times and never knew it said that.

And the important stuff. A drink involving rootbeer... first the link in case you want more. And even if don't want a rootbeer drink the site looks prety handy. http://www.webtender.com/db/ingred/439

Tweaked
-----------------------------------
Ingredients:
2 oz Vodka
2 oz Southern Comfort
Fill glass with Root beer
Ice cubes
Mixing instructions:
Fill glass 3/4 way full with ice, add Vodka and Southern Comfort, then fill to the top with Root Beer, stir then drink.

Creator/contributor's comments:
It'll make you tweaked out after a couple.

I happen to know Joe has been looking to use up his Southern Comfort. You're Welcome.

Captain ILL said...

Thanks for the recipe groovelily, and thanks for prodding her into it cardboard queen. Unfortunately, current Sno-Isle policy prohibits having a wet bar in my cubicle, so I'll have to wait until this evening to try it out. Also, groovelily, in the future please don't censor your 4 letter words; you're going to H#ll anyway just for thinking them.