Thursday, June 26, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of the day

Captain ILL prefers books with pictures. Books can't have too many pictures as far as he's concerned. In fact, a book with only pictures, perhaps with a thought bubble now and then, would be just about perfect. Twilight is a book with just pictures. I has an introduction, but no thought bubbles. The pictures are very strange, and many of them involve people with no clothes on. From the bookflap: "These enigmatic photographs catch the mysterious moment of time between before and after, revealing unknowable or unimaginable aspects of domestic reality." Unknowable is right. Captain ILL would characterize a couple dozen stacks of bread slices varying from 3 to 10 feet high in somebody's yard as unknowable, though not unimaginable since somebody had to come up with the idea for it to be in this book.

6 comments:

David said...

Are there any photographs of where socks go when they disappear from the dryer? That's one of those "unknowable aspects of domestic reality" that has me stumped.

Captain ILL said...

I'm afraid I don't see any pictures that would solve David's problem, but he might check out this:

Where do socks go?

cardboard queen said...

I thought this would be the Daily. At first glance I thought it was a book of stills from a movie. Twilight is such a wonderful word and a fabulous time of day, it's a shame to waist either one on this book. Whoever dreamed up the concept for this book may have been experiencing a little twilight sleep.
It's like a photo album of people trapped in a continuous loop of Twin Peaks reruns. Plus, it's a waist of bread.

Jazzergigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazzergigi said...

This book does indeed sound a little "out there" as far as I'm concerned. I don't feel any need at all to peruse this one. However, looking at the cover makes me think that I'd love to have that room as a background for my Meez girl! Minus the woman lying in the middle of the floor of course. Looks like she's had a few too many of Joe's Yuccas.

thisandthat said...

Am I the only one who is just a little curious about the part where the Captain said there are pictures which "involve people with no clothes on"? (Sorry, I just can't help myself.)