Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of the day


Plants That Merit Attention: Volume 1 - Trees seems to be a book about trees. The New York Times notes: "The book merits space on the bookshelf of any serious gardener as a reference.", so it must be a very good book about trees. It turns out that the trees I planted in my backyard are properly termed "x Cupressocyparis leylandii" and will become attractive specimens in 25 years. I had hoped for quicker progress than that, but patience, like trees, needs cultivating.

3 comments:

cardboard queen said...

I hate to admit it, but the title from 'Mystery Solved' is more interesting than today's title. Sigh. I just had a tree in my backyard cut down because it was listing dangerously in the direction of the neighbor's roof. Now I feel bad.

thisandthat said...

CQ, are you sure you didn't just have your tree chopped down to make cardboard out of it? I have my suspicions...

Dawn of the Read said...

If you want a fast growing tree, I recommend a curly willow. The one in my yard was my heighth when I bought my house, and now it is taller than the house.