Monday, April 21, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of Friday

Captain ILL was off doing secret ILL stuff on Friday, and his trans-temporal messaging widget is broken so this posting is a few days late. The Captain almost feels like he's cheating by choosing His Only Obsession as the ILL of the day yet again, but it was such a popular choice before, and it has such a nice thigh on the cover, the Captain feels the duplication is warranted. Here's what the back cover has to say: "After her father's disappearance, Gwen Arnell was desperate to find him - even follow his route to a legendary island. She would do anything to shield him from harm, but who would protect her from the sensual private investigator who'd just become her unlikely rescuer?" It seems obvious that the thigh must belong to Gwen Arnell, but what is that mysterious object strapped to it? Perhaps Schwager? can fill us in since this is one of his favorite books.

3 comments:

cardboard queen said...

I guess I didn't catch the fact that this was a Schwager? fav the first time through. Does this mean that sweet Ryan owns his own copy? Or does he utilize our fabulous ILL service each time he gets the itch to read this intriguing tale? And if it's the latter, it begs this question: if the Captain is repeatedly borrowing this sought-after piece of fine literature, doesn't it make sense to purchase a few copies of our own?
Additional: could you please put me in the hold queue for this one?

Schwager? said...

I would love to give away the plot of the book and ending as it was the best book I have read and that has been written in the past 50 years but I think people will have to read it themselves. Also its a very steamy book so be warned, I nearly had a heart attack because of its contents. Don't worry after this I think I may just buy my own copy because I hate having it sent all over to my dummy accounts so no one knows that I read it.

Captain ILL said...

Captain ILL will try to grab this for the cardboard queen when it comes back, but if he misses it, she may have to intercept it in the mail room.