Friday, April 11, 2008

Interlibrary Loan of the day

Today we have a special treat. Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness is a great big book with nearly 1200 pages. Whenever I see a book like Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness, I always wonder how it weighs in poundage wise. Well, in this case, Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness weighs in at 3 pounds, 10.6 ounces (thanks to the cardboard queen for this figure). This means that each page of Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness weighs around 0.05 ounces. That's pretty heavy material! However, with a title like Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness, you expect some pretty heavy reading. For some reason I've run out of space here, but pick up a copy of Essential Sources in the Scientific Study of Consciousness if you need a big thick book to impress your friends and neighbors.

5 comments:

ms mellon said...

you made me laugh out loud.

thisandthat said...

As a matter of fact, I do need a big thick book to impress my friends and neighbors. But I was looking for something maybe around 2.5 pounds, not over 3 pounds. Do you have anything like that? The "scientific" part would make me seem really smart. Do you have anything even quasi-scientific in the size I'm looking for?

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You guys rock! OKI

Captain ILL said...

Thisandthat: Yesterday's physics book should just about fit the bill for you.

thisandthat said...

Thank you, Captain. I knew I could count on you to save a damsel in distress.